93 articles tagged "US-Israel"
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Binyamin Netanyahu and Barack Obama
Obama Moves Alliance into “Cyber Age”
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report March 22, 2013, 1:50 AM (GMT+02:00)

Obama has revamped the alliance to fully utilize what he calls Israel’s high-tech innovativeness as more important to the United States even than their security ties. He has even promised Israel a defensive shield in its hostile neighborhood so long as it keeps working.

More...
Vladimir Putin
Israel Said No to Putin, Exposing Its Gas Fields to Syria’s Yakhont Cruise Missiles – But Gaining US Missile Shield
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report December 6, 2012, 10:44 PM (GMT+02:00)

Vladimir Putin’s push for a stake of Gazprom in Israel’s offshore Leviathan, one of the world’s largest gas finds in the last decade, was cut short by Washington which brought in an Australian partner and promised the gas field protection under the US missile shield.

More...
Fragmented!
US drone engineers urgently dissect Iranian stealth UAV downed in Israel
DEBKAfile DEBKA-Net-Weekly October 10, 2012, 11:35 AM (GMT+02:00)

The latest DEBKA-Net-Weekly, out last Friday, reveals the unique features of the unmanned Iranian stealth flying vehicle which Israel shot down last Friday. Learn about the haste of US drone, electronic and cyber engineers to find out what secrets the Iranians pirated from the US RQ-170 captured last year and how they were applied.
Along with this rare exclusive was the disclosure of French President Francois Hollande’s resolve to lead a NATO revolt against Obama’s Syrian policy.
To subscribe to DEBKA-Net-Weekly, click here
 

More...
Israeli KC-135 refueling craft
US sources: US, Israel plan October Surprise. Others: Israel can do it alone
DEBKAfile Exclusive Analysis October 9, 2012, 1:53 PM (GMT+02:00)

Israeli Patriots were not deployed against further Iranian drone incursions but potential Iranian/Hizballah missile attacks from Lebanon or Syria. debkafile: US intelligence now warns President Obama that Iran’s nuclear breakthrough will be much earlier than predicted - late November, only seven weeks off. A Congressional Research Dept. report concludes Israel has sufficient air force and refueling capacities to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities, including Fordo, alone. The two findings led to the new Foreign Policy proposal of a joint US-Israeli “October surprise.”

More...
Defense Minister Ehud Barak
Barak: A nuclear Iran is taking shape before us. Time for decisions is short
DEBKAfile Special Report August 9, 2012, 2:15 PM (GMT+02:00)

In a radio interview Thursday, Aug. 9, Defense Minister Ehud Barak stoutly refuted reported disagreements between the US and Israel, and himself and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu over a military attack on Iran’s nuclear program. Both see eye to eye on the matter, he said, as do US and Israeli intelligence evaluations.  “A nuclear Iran is taking shape before our eyes” Barak stressed, and new US intelligence findings make a decision on a possible attack “extremely urgent."

More...
Iran's Fateh-110 missile
Wartime tasks split: US to smash Iran’s missiles, Israel tackle Syria, Hizballah
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report August 5, 2012, 1:38 PM (GMT+02:00)

An authoritative US military source told debkafile Sunday, Aug. 5 that US armed forces stand ready for war with Iran. Without going into who would lead the operation to dismantle Iran’s nuclear program, the US or Israel, the US Air Force will undertake to destroy Iran’s Shehab-3 ballistic missile batteries aimed at Israel and Saudi Arabia. The Israeli Air Force would then be left free to tackle the huge rocket arsenals of Syria, the Lebanese Hizballah and the Palestinian Hamas and Jihad Islami.

More...
Duel over Iran attack
An ill wind blows between US and Israeli intelligence over attack on Iran
DEBKAfile Special Report July 29, 2012, 11:44 AM (GMT+02:00)

President Barack Obama can’t be sure the Netanyahu government won’t spring on him a surprise attack on Iran’s nuclear sites earlier than the date under discussion between them. October is now widely cited. debkafile: To forestall Israel, the CIA has spread a broad undercover network of agents across the country to pick up any clue of the IDF switching to operational mode for a strike on Iran. The US agency also leaked to AP a detailed article defaming Israel as its “No.1 counterintelligence threat” in the Middle East.

More...
Israeli victims of Bulgarian bus blast
Anti-Israel attacks to mount in sync with Syrian war, looming strike on Iran
DEBKAfile Special Report July 19, 2012, 9:54 AM (GMT+02:00)

Iran, Syria and Hizballah resolve to up their terror assaults on “strategic” Israeli targets in step with the worsening war situation in Syria and a looming attack on Iran’s nuclear program, debkafile reports.
The Bulgarian bus attack was a “local” target – although seven Israelis were killed and more than 30 injured – whereas an Israeli plane or diplomat would be a “strategic” target. Nevertheless, US President Barack Obama and Israeli prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu agreed that Israel will not react for now.

More...
Ehud Barak meets Leon Panetta in Washington
Barak to Panetta: What is your bottom line for Iran?
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report April 20, 2012, 9:59 AM (GMT+02:00)

Israel’s Defense Minister Ehud Barak arrived in Washington Thursday, April 19 with tough questions for US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta about the administration’s dialogue with Iran, on the lines of, “What’s going on? Is there a deal? Don’t tell me what you have settled with the Iranians, just your minimal demands, your bottom line.”  Because Israel was in the dark about the dialogue, Barak sought the truth about Obama’s concessions, especially on IAEA inspections, directly from Panetta.

More...
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei: A nuclear weapon is a sin...
Obama ready to yield on Iran's nuclear transparency. Israel:Tehran will cheat
DEBKAfile Special Report April 18, 2012, 9:23 PM (GMT+02:00)

In the direct, secret exchanges between the US and Iran which led up to the Istanbul talks of Saturday, April 14, President Barack Obama quietly backed off from his demand that Iran “come clean” on its nuclear activities and open up to international inspection, debkafile reports. The Iranians may find it worth their while to accept his other proposals, although no word of this deal has reached Israel.  Freed of sanctions and international oversight, the Iranians can build a nuclear weapon undisturbed.

More...
Ahmadinejad celebrates Nuclear Day
Exclusive: Secret US-Israeli accord lets Iran keep low 3.5 enriched uranium
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report April 9, 2012, 7:37 AM (GMT+02:00)

debkafile’s Washington sources disclose exclusively that the Obama administration and Netanyahu government have secretly agreed on “Formula of 1,000” ending the forthcoming Six Power nuclear talks with Iran. It would let Iran keep 1,000 centrifuges for enriching uranium up to 3.5 percent and stock 1,000 kilograms of the same grade uranium, while giving up except for medical research its store of 20-percent grade uranium which can be jumped quickly to weapon quality.

More...
How real is this scenario?
US and Israel update Iran intelligence for Obama-Netanyahu summit
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 28, 2012, 10:46 AM (GMT+02:00)

US and Israeli government officials joined forces in their recent talks in their two capitals for a reevaluation of their pooled intelligence on the state of the Iranian nuclear weapon program. Their conclusions will be presented to President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu at their White House meeting March 5. In Tehran, reports like the AP claim that Israel might be allowed to use US bases in the region from which to attack Iran are treated as part of the US-Israeli campaign of deception.
 

More...
Binyamin Netanyahu and Barak Obama
US Undercover Effort to Stall Israeli Strike against Iran
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 23, 2012, 9:24 PM (GMT+02:00)

Jerusalem suspects Washington of planting undercover informants for advance warning of an Israeli strike against Iran. The mutuall distrust is traced to an encounter six months ago when Barack Obama turned Binyamin Netanyahu down on a secret plan for Israel to refrain from attacking Iran’s nuclear sites and follow his lead ...

More...
Jay Carney
US and Israel to Reassess Pooled Iranian Nuclear Intelligence
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 23, 2012, 9:24 PM (GMT+02:00)

US-Israeli tensions go down a notch as Washington and Jerusalem agree to reassess pooled intelligence on the state of Iran’s nuclear weapon program for a reassessment leading up to a decision by Barack Obama and Binyamin Netanyahu on action.

More...
Parchin nuclear center
Iran cuts down to six weeks timeline for weapons-grade uranium
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 22, 2012, 9:06 AM (GMT+02:00)

Tehran this week hardened its nuclear and military policies regardless of forthcoming international nuclear talks. The threat by Iran’s armed forces deputy chief Gen. Mohammad Hejazi of a preemptive strike against its “enemies,” was accompanied by its refusal to allow UN nuclear watchdog inspectors to visit the Parchin facility, following which the IAEA chief cut their mission short. The transfer of 20 percent uranium enrichment to Fordo is estimated to have shortened Iran’s race for weapons grade material to six weeks.

More...
Iran General Mohammad Hejazi
Tehran steps into US-Israel Iran row with threat of pre-emptive strike
DEBKAfile Special Report February 21, 2012, 2:58 PM (GMT+02:00)

Deputy Chief of Iran’s Armed Forces Gen. Mohammad Hejazi said Tuesday, Feb. 21: “Our strategy now is that if… our enemies want to endanger Iran’s national interests… we will act without waiting for their actions.”  debkafile’s sources report that an Iranian preemptive attack on Israel, in the air for some weeks, became realistic when Tehran seized on the dragging US-Israeli argument over a military strike and the two government’s indecisiveness as a golden opportunity to further its interests ahead of talks with world powers.

More...
Iran confrontation on March 5
Climax in US-Israel altercation over Iran military strike
DEBKAfile DEBKA-Net-Weekly February 21, 2012, 12:03 PM (GMT+02:00)

In its latest issue out Friday, DEBKA-Net-Weekly’s exclusive sources detail the exact points reached in the debate between the Obama administration and the Netanyahu government over an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities. Washington is seen working Israel’s domestic scene to build up an anti-attack opposition, as a gleeful Iran keeps track of the new climax in the US-Israeli spat. And discover the new turnabout in Moscow’s policies toward Washington, Tehran and Damascus before it surfaces in this eye-opening issue.

To subscribe to DEBKA-Net-Weekly, click here

More...
Natanz nuclear site air defenses
Obama to try and talk Netanyahu out of Iran strike after his advisers failed
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 20, 2012, 9:14 PM (GMT+02:00)

After a high-ranking US delegation headed by White House National Security Adviser Tom Donilon failed in three days of tough talks (Feb.18-20) to dissuade Israeli leaders to back off plans for a military strike against Iran’s nuclear sites, the White House invited Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu for talks with President Barak Obama on March 5. He will try and break the stalemate which ended his advisers’ talks with Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz.

More...
They agree to talk
Crisis in US-Israel relations over nuclear talks with Iran
DEBKAfile Special Report February 18, 2012, 6:57 AM (GMT+02:00)

Wednesday, Netanyahu blasted Iran – and indirectly Washington– when he said in Cyprus that sanctions “haven’t worked” and that a regime which attacks diplomats to have nuclear weapons “is something of enormous concern for the United States and for Israel.”In the last 24 hours, the approach of international talks with Iran on its nuclear program has escalated high tensions between the Obama administration and the Israeli government.
US President Barack Obama decided to send his US National Security Adviser Tom Donilon on an urgent visit to Israel Saturday for three days of talks ...

More...
Strait of Hormuz passage in question
Iran is winning Hormuz faceoff. Israel, Saudis break away from US Iran policy
DEBKAfile DEBKA-Net-Weekly January 17, 2012, 1:24 PM (GMT+02:00)

Three weeks ago, Iran threatened to forcibly bar the Strait of Hormuz to "enemy ships" i.e. the USS Stennis carrier. The US bowed to the threat by stopping sending aircraft carriers through the strait. Rather than confronting Tehran, the Obama administration is holding Israel back from striking Iranian nuclear sites. The latest  DEBKA-Net-Weekly out Friday will bared features of Israel's strike plan and also tracked Saudi Arabia's entry to the Middle East nuclear race with active Chinese assistance.
To subscribe to DEBKA-Net-Weekly, click here

More...
93 articles tagged "US-Israel" :
<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>








Copyright 2000-2013 DEBKAfile. All Rights Reserved.  Terms and Conditions Site design by visionbyamit.com