Bahrain looking into raid on village that left five dead

Bahrain's Interior Ministry said Thursday that the country has launched an investigation of the deaths of five people during a raid earlier this week. The deaths came during Tuesday's raid by security forces on the village of Diraz, home of Ayatollah Isa Qassim, the country's senior Shiite Muslim cleric. The fatalities were among hundreds of people guarding Qassim's house. According to the ministry, 31 policemen were injured when the people guarding the house attacked them. Nearly 300 people were said to have been arrested during the raid.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Comments containing incitement, libel or offensive language are barred under DEBKAfile’s regulations

Your email address will not be published.