Belgian officials said Wednesday that the man who detonated a bomb in an underground concourse of the Brussels central train station before being shot and killed on Tuesday night was a 36-year-old Moroccan. The man was reportedly known to police but not previously considered a terror suspect by the local authorities. Special forces raided the bomber's home in the capital's Molenbeek neighborhood, known as a hotbed of Islamic radicalism, early Wednesday morning. The man's full name has not been released. Prime Minister Charles Michel said after a national security council meeting that "We have avoided an attack that could have been a great deal worse". On Wednesday, Belgium's Crisis Center announced that the country remains at its second-highest level of security alert.