California gunmen said to be on US, Saudi and Pakistani watch lists
American intelligence sources said Thursday that the two perpetrators of the previous day's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, had been designated by intelligence services as terror suspects. Farook was on a US list, while Malik had been listed by Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. The sources added that a thorough check of the detonators of the explosives used by the couple revealed that they were assembled exactly according to the instructions published in Al-Qaeda's "Inspire" magazine.
Meanwhile, police sources in San Bernardino said Thursday that a search of the basement of the couple's apartment found 12 pipe bombs, explosives for various bombs, including roadside bombs, and large amounts of ammunition for rifles and handguns.