French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Monday that seven people of French, Moroccan and Afghan origin, aged 29 to 37, had been detained on Sunday. Two were arrested in Marseille. Most of the others were arrested in Strasbourg. "An attack has been foiled … The scale of the terrorist threat is enormous and it is not possible to ensure zero risk despite everything we are doing," he added. The mayor of Strasbourg said it appeared that the plot had focused on "the Paris region" during the Christmas season.