Israel’s security cabinet on Thursday approved five sanctions for immediate execution in reprisal for the Palestinian Authority’s initiating the UN resolution referring “the occupation” to the International Criminal Court:
- Deduction of NIS139m ($39.3m) from moneys owing the Palestinian Authority and their diversion to families of Palestinian terrorist victims.
- Deduction of further amounts which the PA spends on supporting jailed terrorists.
- A freeze on Palestinian building plans in Area C of Judea and Samaria. This area is under Israel control under international agreements.
- VIP benefits are withdrawn from Palestinian officials taking part in hostile legal or diplomatic actions against Israel.
- Shutdown of organizations operating in Judea and Samaria which support terrorist or other hostile anti-Israel activity under cover of espousing human rights