Kenya President says terrorist siege in Nairobi is over

Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said Wednesday that a siege by terrorists in Nairobi is over and all the attackers have been “eliminated”. In a TV address to the nation, Kenyatta said 14 people had been killed but 700 others were safely evacuated from the complex. However, the Kenyan Red Cross put the number of dead at 24. “We will seek out every person that was involved in the funding, planning and execution of this heinous act,” the president added, vowing to pursue them “relentlessly.” Al Shabaab gunmen attacked the hotel complex in Nairobi on Tuesday and gunfights with anti-terror forces continued during the night.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Comments containing incitement, libel or offensive language are barred under DEBKAfile’s regulations

Your email address will not be published.

Font Resize
Contrast