Turks blame ISIS for suicide bombing; 10 dead, mostly Germans
A large explosion, apparently from a suicide bomber, rocked Istanbul's Sultanahmet Square, one of the city's main tourist cites, on Tuesday morning. Reports said at least 10 people were killed and 15 were wounded. Many of the victims were tourists, with Turkish officials saying at least nine of the 10 fatalities were German citizens, and Peru's foreign ministry announcing that a Peruvian man was among the dead. Six other Germans along with one Peruvian and one Norwegian were said to be among those injured. Istanbul police sealed off the area and prevented the media from approaching the scene of the explosion. So far there has been no claim of responsibility for the attack, but Turkish officials said they believe ISIS is responsible. Later in the day, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan identified the suspect as a foreign member of ISIS.