UK’s Boris Johnson wants Palestinian state to round off Balfour declaration
“I am proud of Britain’s part in creating Israel. It was indispensable to the creation of a great nation,” UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson wrote in the Telegraph newspaper on Sunday. He said he was writing in the same room in which his predecessor Lord Balfour sat in 1917 to write his famous letter to Lord Rothschild approving the “establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.” However, in Johnson’s view, the proviso of the Balfour Declaration – that the rights of non-Jewish communities shall be protected — “has not been fully realized.” He therefore called for a Palestinian state to rise within pre-1967 borders with Jerusalem as their “shared capital.”
DEBKAfile: Johnson skipped an important slice of British history in this regard. The British mandate of Palestinian subsequently created the Kingdom of Jordan to accommodate the political claims of Palestinian Arabs, awarding the new entity the largest portion of Palestine.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu travels to London to attend a dinner hosted by Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration.
7 thoughts on “UK’s Boris Johnson wants Palestinian state to round off Balfour declaration”
Zionists other choice of Argentina for their Jewish state would of been more suitable for them and prevented all these problems and unnecessary wars.
It’s difficult to believe that anyone could be so out of touch with reality and thousands of years of history to make such an astonishingly ridiculous proposal. I heard of Uganda as a proposed Jewish homeland, but must confess I never heard of an Argentine proposal. If some Zionist actually made that proposal I”m sorry that you seem to have contracted His mental disorder.
As for unnecessary wars, some have been unnecessary, but not the ones involving Israel. The wars fought by the modern State of Israel have been among the most necessary wars in mankind’s earthly sojourn. I’m sorry for your lack of historical training on that issue, but it is not too late to do some remedial study. You should find it very instructive to see how the army of a tiny nation state could defeat so much larger and well armed forces of multiple nations. We must assume another one is in the offing, with a bleak outcome for Israel’s enemies.
Haha, an ardent believer in the myth of the Zionist superman.
Yirmiyahu – Jeremiah – Chapter 8
3. And death shall be preferable to life for all the residue that remain of this evil family, which remain in all the places whither I have cast them out, says the Lord of Hosts.
4. And you shall say to them; so says the Lord: Shall they fall and not rise, if he repents, will He not return?
5. Why has this people, Jerusalem, slid back a perpetual backsliding? They have held on to deceit, they refuse to repent.
8. How do you say, “We are wise, and the Law of the Lord is with us”? Verily, behold it is in vain, he made a false scribes’ pen.
9. Wise men were ashamed, they were broken and caught; behold they rejected the word of the Lord, now what wisdom have they?
10. Therefore, I will give their wives to others, their fields to those who possess them for from the smallest to the greatest, they all commit robbery, from prophet to priest, they all deal falsely.
11. And they healed the breach of My people easily, saying, “Peace, peace,” but there is no peace.
12. They shall be put to shame since they have committed abomination. Neither are they ashamed nor do they know to feel disgrace. They will, therefore, fall among the slain; at the time I have visited upon them, they will stumble, says the Lord.
13. I will utterly consume them, says the Lord. There shall be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree; even the leaves will be withered, for what I gave them they transgressed.
14. Why do we sit still? Gather together, and let us go to the fortified cities, and there let us sit in silence, for the Lord our God has silenced us, and has given us poisoned water to drink because we have sinned against the Lord.
15. We hoped for peace, but no good came; for a time of healing, but behold, terror.
16. From Dan is heard the snorting of their horses, at the sound of the neighing of their stallions the whole land quakes; they come and devour the land and its produce, the city and those that dwell therein.
17. For behold, I am sending you serpents, adders which cannot be charmed, and they shall bite you, says the Lord.
I can never understand what Arabs of Palestine have to do with Jerusalem? Well, it’s clear that Arafat’s invention is politically beneficial. But why others go along? Why, for example, Saudis would want Temple Mount handled by local gangs? Say, if they wanted “Muslim control” over the Mount, that claim could be considered and talked about. But “Palestinians?” Who are they? Nation in making, the youngest on the Globe. Why? Their claim to the Mount is ridicules by all accounts. Why Jerusalem must be their capital, even theoretically? Why, on the other hand, they cannot have “provisional” capital like Western Germans had for many years. This demand of Jerusalem for Palestinian state is an absurdity to the extreme. And Mr. Johnson just repeats it as if it’s normal, self-evident truth. Absurd it is.
Are you saying that Arabs of Palestine have no historic link to Jerusalem? This is ridiculous nonsense. Number one, jews are not a nation, they are an ethnic group. An ethno religious group. Secondly, there have always been other groups in Palestine and judea. Remember, the Hittites, who regarded Abraham as a prince had to sell Abraham a plot in jerusalem to bury his wife Sarah. This was befoire Yudah was even a twinkle in Jacobs eye.
The Jews are suppose to be a highly intelligent and scientific people. Therefore, why have they not invented a neutron bomb that would prevent blow-back unto Israel with any Israeli use of nuclear weapons, whose day of use is becoming increasingly inevitable.
the jews have invented enough super-weapons to wipe us all out a million times each. from habers poison gas to Tellers holocaust bomb, they have explored all possibilities, as only an extreme minority could. in the end, it turns out it was suicide.