The White House Sunday night continued its media ping-pong with the Netanyahu government ahead of his speech to Congress with a list headed “Five facts you need to known about Obama’s relations with Israel.”
- President Obama has strengthened Israel's defense in concrete and unprecedented ways:
Expanded military aid of $20.5 bn p.a. From 2011 $1.3bn for developing Iron Dome. Joint military war games.
- Under President Obama, the U.S. has led global efforts to defend Israel's legitimacy on the world stage:
In 2014, Obama blocked 18 anti-Israel UN motions, as well as casting vetoes to defeat condemnations at the UN Human Rights Council.
- The President has strongly supported Israel in its quest for peace with its neighbors:
Under his lead, Secretary of State John Kerry initiated an intensive, collaborative effort to facilitate negotiations for a comprehensive peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians.
The President asked foremost military experts to help develop security arranges to ensure a two-state solution leaves Israel more secure, not less.
- Under President Obama, the U.S. has a strong and robust commercial relationship with Israel:
US exports to Israel rose in 2014 by 9.6 percent to $15.1 billion.
- Under President Obama, the U.S. has invested millions in helping Israeli immigrants including refugees.