Strenuous Israeli diplomacy with Egypt and Jordan defuses escalating disputes over Gaza, Temple Mount
Israel’s Mossad Director Yossie Cohen and National Security Adviser Meir Ben-Shabat were able to avert violent blow-ups around the Gaza Strip and Temple Mount’s Golden Gate by intense negotiations with Cairo and Amman over week’s end.
DEBKAfile’s Exclusive sources disclose the content of the
agreements and understandings procured by the two Israeli officials for cooling
the two flashpoints:
- Jordan, which owns a custodial role for Temple Mount’s Muslim sites, accepted Israel’s position against converting the Golden Gate (Gate of Mercy) into a mosque or place of Muslim prayer. At the same time, Israel agreed to keep archeologists from researching the ancient double-arched gate, which is believed to stand on the same site since the days of the First Jewish Temple. This met the demands of Israeli Arabs and the Tanzim-Fatah faction of the Palestinian Authority.
- If Jordan wanted to push the Palestinians of Jerusalem into a clash with Israel over Temple Mount, Israel was ready and would resist any attempt to change the status quo which governs Jerusalem’s shrines.
- Israel, for its part, agreed to open the Golden Gate, which was blocked up and shuttered off and on for centuries, to visitors. At length, Amman accepted Israel’s position, Therefore, Al Aqsa worship last Friday, although expected to be chaotic and violent, passed without incident, after Jordanian government and security officials took a hand in keeping the peace.
The Palestinian Hamas terrorist movement, which governs the Gaza Strip, gave in to the demands put before them by three Egyptian intelligence generals who had been shuttling between Tel Aviv and Gaza City to broker a halt in the escalating violence. Hamas agreed to deconflict the Gaza-Israeli border in five stages, after more than a year that was consumed with one form of terror after another.
- An unfamiliar calm descended on the border on Saturday night, March 9, after the rampaging mobs were absent for the first time in weeks.
- Hamas undertook in the second stage to halt the explosive balloon assault on Israel civilian areas. This harassment would die out day by day, said its authors, until it disappeared.
- The gangs responsible for burning tires to throw up clouds of choking black smoke over the border has been disbanded.
- Hamas guaranteed to halt rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from Gaza and also prevent other organizations from conducting these attacks.
- Mohammed Al-Amadi, Qatar’s ambassador to Gaza, is due to arrive in the territory. But he won’t deliver the $15m remittance he has paid out in recent months, but instead, present Hamas rulers with a plan for creating jobs for the distressed population. The program was compiled in cooperation with Nickolay Mladenov, the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, and is financed by the oil emirate.
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu quickly added his signature to the two accords that were negotiated by Cohen and Ben-Shabat. They are already being implemented.
17 thoughts on “Strenuous Israeli diplomacy with Egypt and Jordan defuses escalating disputes over Gaza, Temple Mount”
Fake Arab refugees from Jerusalem, piling up in the city for the beggars banquet, must free the land. Go in Jordan and work for a living. Try agriculture too, provides you to eat, no more need to disguise in false amputee.
❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ?
Relocate Al Aqsa out of Jerusalem, same as UNESCO did in 1959 for the Great Temple at Abu Simbel, much larger and heavier than Al Aqsa.
❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ? ? ❤️ ? ? ? ?
The only problem is that the “jobs program” that Qatar is funding is mortar and rocket workshops.
…Till the next, inevitable conflagration ! The two-legged rats in Gaza can be held quiet only for a short while…
The days in which bloodthirsty Antisemitic Europeans easily shed Semitic Arab blood without consequence are over. The squatter army–weak and cowardly sneak-attackers and carpet bombers–hasn’t won a thing in 5 decades. Today they’re scared of bottle rockets, kites and balloons! And the words of Nasrallah.
The squatter army has shown the world its ability to murder unarmed children and medics with terrorist sniper attacks. That’s what Zionists do to warrant the $10 million welfare check every day from Uncle Sam.
“The days in which bloodthirsty Antisemitic Europeans easily shed Semitic Arab blood without consequence are over. The squatter army–weak and cowardly sneak-attackers and carpet bombers–hasn’t won a thing in 5 decades. Today they’re scared of bottle rockets, kites and balloons! And the words of Nasrallah.
The squatter army has shown the world its ability to murder unarmed children and medics with terrorist sniper attacks. That’s what Zionists do to warrant the $10 million welfare check every day from Uncle Sam.”
@ “Weaker than a Spider’s Web”,
A short time ago, in response to another one of your posts, another commenter made note of the fact that a particular spider’s web, when its textile strength is taken into account on a scaled down basis, is actually stronger than steel when examined in that perspective, so your “Nom de Plume” is actually quite bogus, as are the contents of your posts which in no way reflect the realities on the ground between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
Good that antisemite squatters accustom themselves to living on a scaled down basis.
I suppose that fifty years of losing, shooting kids with a sniper’s rifle to seem tough while running from your own shadow, will do that to you.
Since those kids would only grow up to be terrorists, it appears the so-called squatters are in actuality, doing the world a favor.
Your comments do the world a favor, highlighting the REAL scourge of antisemitism in the form of european colonists demanding EthnicCleansing.
@spiders web:to attack civilians:of course,no such thing happens in syria,yemen,iraq,libya……:these are all club med areas,do not mention the adepts of the religion of peace and the blood flowing from their jaws
In each case, ISISrael’s beloved head-choppers were bankrolled by the Saud family pedophiles and armed by Uncle Sam–sorta like he does with the squatter state to the tune of $10m/day–to kill civilians and eat their livers.
If the cancer would vacate the region, peace would descend upon it as it did in the centuries before european brigands knew how to sail a boat.
you know what big mouth,open a zyklon can,and breath
If Qatar is so interested in helping the inhabitants of Gaza they should help them move there. It is a waste of time and money to attempt to create jobs for them in Israel. They don’t want to live in Gaza and they don’t belong there.
Muslims pray in direction of Makkah (Kaaba). On the Temple Mount the Muslims turn away from the place where the Holy Temple stood. Jews pray in direction of the Temple. Muslims have Makkah (Kaaba) and Jews have Yerushalayim (Holy Temple). There is no conflict, but confusion. It should be clear to everyone: Yerushalayim and the Temple Mount belongs to the Jewish people.
Exactly: the white antisemitic squatter state stole it fair and square, after the United Nations handed them a bunch of stolen land first.
The imperialist squatters should swear allegiance to the UN and praise King Hussein every day for being a bought-off lackey.
Also the scriptures are clear about this: Muslims pray in direction of the Kaaba and make Hajj to this place. There is no ritual connection of Yerushalayim with the Muslims. Their spiritual center is in Makkah. On the other hand, Yerushalayim is clearly the capital of Jewish people and the Holy Temple their spiritual center. The scriptures are very clear about this fact. Furthermore it is the duty of the Jewish people to take care about the land and the Holy Temple in Yerushalayim. It is the decision of G-d, revealed in the scriptures. So accept G-d’s will and accept His choice.
Imagine Native Americans mysteriously taking over N America and resurrecting their lost empire. Sounds good for a Hollywood/Disney script. The pre 1948 “natives” will never gain a majority of the land of Israel. There will be no return to the land or, of the land. The opposition should give up. It’s not resisting, it’s existing… If a conquest of Israel was possible, we would have seen ISIS overrun Israel’s borders like they did in the weak countries where the Palestinians’ brothers & sisters are from. The Nation of Israel is only getting stronger & better with time. It was all part of a grander vision. “If you’re willing, it is all possible” Hertzel
Comments are closed.